Kabobs Never Tasted So Good!
The chicken teriyaki kabobs recipe is very versatile tasty and flavorful for all to enjoy. Use them in salads or a stand-alone meal for lunch or dinner. The basic recipe consists of marinated boneless skinless chicken breast that’s marinated in a teriyaki sauce. You can add peppers and onions or any other vegetable.
The kabobs go very well when served with rice.
We highly recommend that you use low-sodium teriyaki sauce to reduce the sodium intake which will be healthier.
Chicken Teriyaki Kabobs Nutritional Values
Below are the nutritional values for chicken teriyaki kabobs. The sodium mentioned below is for normal teriyaki sauce. If using low-sodium sauce, the sodium level is reduced.
- Serving Size: 4 chicken pieces
- Calories: 211
- Total Fat:8g
- Sodium: 616mg
- Total Carbs:7g
- Dietary Fiber:6g
Note: If placing more than 4 pieces of chicken on a skewer, divide by 4 to get the nutrition for 1 chicken piece. Then multiply that number by the number of chicken pieces loaded on each skewer.
Shopping For Chicken & Sauce
When you go to the local market or shopping center, look for boneless skinless chicken breast in the meat section. Also, look for a low-sodium teriyaki sauce which you should find with ease in the seasonings aisle of the store.
If you don’t have any skewers, purchase a package of them as well. They come in metal or bamboo. The bamboo skewers are the least expensive. Buy enough for each person who will be eating the meal.
Related ===> George Foreman Grill Store
Marinating The Chicken
Now, it’s time to start marinating the chicken before grilling.
- 1 lb. of boneless skinless chicken breast
- 1 small yellow onion
- 1 green pepper
- ½ cup of teriyaki sauce (low-sodium preferred)
- Skewers (1 for each person)
Related: ===> Other George Foreman Grill Recipes
Total Time: 1 hour 16 min. Prep Time: 1 hour 10 min. Cooking Time: 6 min.
Related ===> George Foreman Cooking Times
- If your chicken breast is thicker than ½” in size, use a meat mallet to pound down to ½” in thickness. Doing this helps tenderize the meat.
- The 1 lb. of chicken should produce 2 8” skewers. Cut chicken into 1” wide and 2” long strips.
- Take ¼ cup of teriyaki sauce place it into a Ziploc bag along with the chicken.
- Allow the chicken to marinate in the sauce for 1 hour in the refrigerator.
- Cut peppers and onions into 1” chunks and soak them in the remaining ¼ cup of teriyaki sauce using another Ziploc bag.
- Place in refrigerator to marinate for 1 hour.
Grilling the Teriyaki Chicken
Now it is time to grill the chicken. Follow the steps below. The original recipe is taken from foremangrillrecipes.com and modifications made to my liking.
- Preheat the George Foreman Grill on high if that feature is on your model, and close the lid.
- Place the drip tray in front of the grill.
- While the grill is heating up, Load the skewers with chunks of chicken, pepper and onion in alternating order. Between 4 to 6 chicken pieces per skewer.
- When the grill is ready, place the skewers on the grill and close the lid.
- Cook the chicken for 6 minutes. Halfway through the cooking time (3 minutes) turn the skewers ¼ turn to continue cooking.
- When done, remove the skewers from the grill carefully as the food will be hot. Place on a serving plate.
- Turn off the grill by unplugging it or by pressing the on/off button if your model has this feature.
- Serve with your favorite side dishes.
This is a very quick and easy recipe you can use for your next kabob meal for the whole family. It is a welcome change from making stews, soups and pasta dishes for lunch or dinner.
To reduce the sodium of this dish we recommend you use a low-sodium teriyaki sauce.
The kabobs go very well with rice or any of your favorite side dishes. They also make for a great meal just by themselves.
The longer you can marinate the chicken the better flavor the kabobs will have after cooking on the grill.
Now you can enjoy eating kabobs using the George Foreman Grill.
Shop Kabob Supplies
You can shop for kabob supplies below. You will be taken to Amazon to place the order.
As an Amazon associate I earn from qualified purchases.
Go back to the Find Out More Quickly home page.