Turkey Burgers Taste Great On George Foreman Grill
The grilled ground turkey burger recipes shared here can be used and grilled on the George Foreman Grill. Very delicious and tasty to enjoy. This recipe can be used for one or as many burgers you need to grill.
The Foreman Grill can cook all types of meats with lower fat because as it is being cooked the fat is rolled off the meat and into the drip tray.
So, if you do not have your own turkey burger recipe, use the one below. You can modify it according to your own tastes.
Shopping for Turkey Burgers
When you visit your local grocery store or supermarket, you can look for either fresh ground turkey at the meat counter or the frozen turkey burgers in the frozen meat section of the store. You can decide on fresh or frozen but, it must say lean on the package. Most frozen lean ground turkey burgers are 93% lean.
Even though some frozen turkey burgers can be cooked right out of the package, this recipe calls for the meat to be thawed. So, if purchasing frozen patties, they will need to be thawed first before grilling.
When looking for turkey burgers buy those that are already formed into patties. Saves you time later in having to form them into patties for grilling.
Grilled Ground Turkey Nutritional Facts
Below you will find the nutritional values of ground turkey burgers. The values are for the Butterball 93% lean turkey burgers.
- Serving Size: 4 oz.
- Calories: 180
- Total Fat: 8g
- Saturated Fat:5g
- Cholesterol: 100mg
- Sodium: 320mg
- Carbohydrates: 0g
- Net Carbs: 0g
- Fiber: 0g
- Protein: 22g
- Calcium: 26mg 3%
- Iron:4mg 18%
Grilled Lean Turkey Burger Recipe
Use this recipe if you do not have one of your own. The recipe below is for grilled fries and the burger.
- 1 small potato, cut into wedges
- 2 tsp. canola oil
- 1/8 tsp. salt & pepper
Turkey Burger Ingredients:
- 4 oz. lean ground turkey or patties
- 1 oz. cheddar cheese = ¼ cup
- 1 hamburger bun of your choice
- 1 cup vegetables of your choice: Tomato, onion, lettuce
- 2 Tbsp. ketchup and/or mustard (optional)
Related: ===> Other George Foreman Grill Recipes
Note: This recipe for the burger and potatoes is for one person. If serving more than 1 person increase the ingredients accordingly.
- Preheat the George Foreman Grill on the high setting if your model has this option with the lid closed. Place the drip tray in front of the grill.
- Using a dish or Ziploc bag, add the canola oil, salt and pepper and place the potato wedges in the dish or bag and toss the potatoes to ensure they are well coated.
- When the grill is ready, place the potatoes on the grill with the lid closed. Grill potatoes for 10 to 12 minutes.
- When done, remove from the potatoes from the grill and set aside on a dish or platter.
- Form lean ground turkey into a patty if you used fresh ground turkey. Place turkey patty on the grill with the lid closed. Grill turkey patty for 4 minutes.
- When done, remove burger from the grill and place on serving plate. Add the cheese. It will melt by the heat of the burger.
- Turn off the grill by unplugging it or by pressing the on/off power button if your model has this feature.
- Assemble the burger with bun, vegetables, and condiments. Add the grilled fries to the plate and serve.
Related: ===> How To Clean A George Foreman Grill
The turkey burger recipe above is simple and easy to grill on your George Foreman. Any excess fat will be drained off during the cooking into the drip tray.
The recipe is for one person. So, if you are going to cook for additional people, you must adjust the ingredients accordingly. The time for cooking the burgers will not need adjusting. You will cook all the burgers for 4 minutes.
Add a small potato for each person. Peel and cut into wedges and then grill.
You can also add any additional side dishes you want instead of using the French fries.
Your pallet will like the taste of the turkey burger coming off the Foreman Grill.
Go back to the Find Out More Quickly home page.
Related: ===> George Foreman Grill Store