Hot Dogs Could Not Taste Better!
Cooking hot dogs on a George Foreman Grill will take less time and provide some grill marks making them taste better than steaming or cooking them in water. So, you want to know “can I cook hot dogs on a George Foreman Grill?”
You have probably heard that George Foreman Grills can do anything, right? However, there is a right way and a wrong way to do a hot dog on a George Foreman Grill.
I found out there is a “best” way to do hot dogs on the George Foreman Grill.
Allow me to tell you and show you how.
Most of the time when hot dogs are being cooked in the home they are steamed or placed in hot water which takes away a tastier hot dog.
Nothing tastes better than a grilled hot dog. I remember going to a carnival or state fair and the hot dogs tasted delicious and could have eaten more because they came off the grill. That is just what the George Foreman Grill does. On the Foreman Grill you can grill several hot dogs at a time in case you have hungry children.
There is no limit to the type of hot dog you can grill. There are Kosher, 100% pure beef or any type of hot dog you like. They all will grill nicely.
What Is Needed?
Let’s look at what is needed to cook hot dogs on a George Foreman Grill.
- George Foreman Grill
- Your Favorite Hot Dog
- Fresh Hot Dog Buns
- Condiments of Choice
How Long Does It Take?
Since the Foreman Grills have cooking plates on the top and bottom, it cooks the hot dogs on both sides at once. You do not have to turn the hot dogs over during the cooking process as you would with outdoor grills. Thus, saving cooking time.
It takes 5 minutes for the grill to warm up to the desired temperature and 3-5 minutes to cook them. So, from start to finish it takes 8-10 minutes total time to grill a hot dog on a George Foreman Grill.
The directions are very simple. Most hot dogs come from the store already cooked.
- Preheat your George Foreman Grill with the lid closed. Some grills come with a temperature control. Set it at “high” setting.
- When the grill is ready, place the hot dogs on the grill and close the lid.
- Cook them to your desired liking. Minimum of 3 minutes to a maximum of 7. The longer you cook them the crisper they are and the deeper the grill marks.
- After 5 minutes, remove them from the grill as they will have grill marks. Be careful as they will be hot.
- Turn off the grill. (Don’t if you are cooking more hot dogs)
- Place hot dogs on buns and serve.
- Have the condiments on the table ready for all to use.
Related ===>George Foreman Cooking Times for other types of meat, fruit and vegetables.
Marinated Grilled Hot Dog Recipe
For a different taste of a hot dog, you just might want to try the recipe below to bring hot dog cooking to the next level. Do this by marinating them before cooking on the grill. The original recipe is taken from foremangrillrecipes.com and modifications made to my liking.
The recipe is below.
- 2 tablespoons of Worcestershire Sauce
- 1 tablespoon vegetable oil
- ¼ cup of ketchup
- 1 minced garlic clove
- Hot Dogs of choice
- Mix ingredients well and set aside in an air-tight container
Related: ===> Other George Foreman Grill Recipes
For a variation: Add your own personal favorite marinade.
- Make slit cuts at an angle on each side of the hot dogs about half an inch apart.
- Marinate the hot dogs using the ingredients above and place them in an air-tight container for about 10-15 minutes.
- Preheat the Foreman Grill.
- Grill them to your desired liking usually between 3 to 5 minutes.
- Turn off the grill. (Don’t, if you are cooking more hot dogs)
- Serve on hot dog buns.
- Have condiments on the table ready for all to use.
Now you know how easy it is to cook hot dogs on the George Foreman Grill. Any excess fat just drips off the meat right into the drip tray. Which makes for a healthier hot dog to serve your family members.
Makes for a quick snack or great tasting lunch and especially when guests like lots of kids are over for a birthday or any other occasion.
Enjoy grilling your hot dogs on your George Foreman Grill!
You can shop for a George Foreman Grill or a new one to bring your old one up to date with new features.
Related ===>George Foreman Grill Store
Go back to the Find Out More Quickly home page.