Great Tasting Grilled Orange Chicken Recipe!
Grilled orange chicken is a great way to serve your family or yourself a great tasting meal for a change of pace. Grills nicely on a George Foreman. The recipe for this meal calls for boneless and skinless chicken breasts, and orange juice concentrate.
Shop in your local grocery store for boneless and skinless chicken breasts. If they are thicker than ½” in thickness you will need to pound them down before cooking. By pounding the meat it actually helps to tenderize the meat and ensures even cooking on the grill.
Orange Chicken Nutritional Values
Below are the nutritional values for orange chicken.
- Serving Size: 4 ounces or 113 grams
- Calories: 318
- Total Fat:7g
- Saturated Fat:8g
- Sodium: 557mg
- Net Carbs:6g
Orange Chicken Breast Preparation
Before you can actually marinate the chicken breasts, you must do some preparation. Remove the chicken breasts from the package and prepare them for pounding. You can use either wax paper or parchment paper will work fine.
The simplest way to do this is to place the chicken breasts between 2 pieces of wax paper or parchment paper and place them on a wooden cutting board or kitchen counter. Take a meat mallet and pound them until they are 1/2“ in thickness.
You can skip this step if the chicken breasts are already at ½” in thickness when you purchased them at the store.
The chicken breasts are now ready for next step, the marinating process.
Marinating The Chicken Breasts
The original recipe is taken from foremangrillrecipes.com and modifications made to my liking.
Use your own recipe instead of the one below if you have one.
- 2 boneless skinless chicken breasts – pounded to ½” thickness
- ½ can (6oz.) thawed or partially orange juice concentrate
- 1 tablespoon Dijon mustard
- ½ teaspoon fresh ground pepper
- ½ teaspoon salt
- ½ orange cut into wedges
Related: ===> Other George Foreman Grill Recipes
Note: Double the ingredients above if cooking 4 chicken breasts.
Total Time: 35 min. Prep time: 30 min. Cooking time: 5 min.
- Place pounded chicken breasts in a shallow baking dish or Ziploc bag.
- Add orange juice, mustard, pepper and salt.
- Mix well and make sure the chicken is well coated.
- Place the chicken dish or Ziploc bag in the refrigerator and let it marinate for 15 minutes. If you can marinate longer, the better.
- Keep chicken in the refrigerator until you are ready for cooking.
Grilling Chicken Breasts
Just follow the easy steps below for grilling the orange chicken breasts on your George Foreman Grill.
- Remove chicken breasts from the refrigerator.
- Preheat the George Foreman Grill on high setting if your grill has this feature with the lid closed.
- Place the drip tray in front of the grill.
- When the grill is ready, remove the chicken from the marinade and place the chicken breasts on the grill with the lid closed.
- Let the chicken breasts cook for 5 minutes and check that the internal temperature is 165 degrees with a meat thermometer. Continue cooking until this temperature is reached.
- When done, remove the chicken breasts from the grill and put them on serving plates. Be careful as the food will be hot. Place an orange wedge on top of the grilled chicken for additional flavor.
- If you are not grilling more chicken, turn off the grill by pulling the plug or press the on/off power button if your grill has this feature.
- Serve with your favorite side dishes.
This is just an easy recipe to use for grilling orange chicken breasts. Easy to cook using the George Foreman Grill.
The longer you can marinate the chicken the better the flavor when they are fully grilled to perfection. They should be tender and moist with a great flavor.
This recipe calls for using boneless and skinless chicken breasts which you can buy in your local supermarket. Be sure to pound them down to ½” in thickness before cooking.
A great meal for yourself or for the whole family.
Related ===> George Foreman Grill Store
Go back to the Find Out More Quickly home page.